Friday, July 25, 2014

Can You Imagine?

Hello folks! 

I am currently on cloud nine because today I got a sneak peak at the future! 🔮Well, my future at least.😏 I shadowed a Physician Assistant in the office. Her speciality is general and bariatric surgery so I was looking forward to the experience. I am fairly certain that surgery is my field so I am just trying to experience as much as I can! 

I got up extra early because I had to drop my mom off at work first; not having a car is hard and a hassle but we do what we have to do. I had time to kill once I dropped her off so of course coffee is the answer. Coffee is ALWAYS my answer. 
I love Wegmans so I take any excuse to drop by. I tried the organic coffee and it was so good! By then it was time to head over to the office. Almost had a panic attack because I couldn't find the place when it was literally one block ahead of me. No worries though, I was early anyway. I then proceeded to my signature hairstyle. 
 
I almost always French braid my hair. To me, it's professional and still feminine. And I'm really just not good at hair in general so this gets the job done, right?
I was ready to go!!! 
My full outfit! I love my khakis from Gap and my "mommy shoes" are so comfy! 

From the minute I stepped in her office, I just knew. Any doubt I had or regret about these summer classes were forgotten. Seeing her white coat, her desk with notes, and textbooks on the shelf revitalized me. It helped me remember what I am working for. It may seem silly that those superficial things excite me but that is who I am! I get excited by knowledge and I am not ashamed of that. I am a geek and I love it! The morning was spent with her going through numerous follow-up appointments. I enjoyed seeing some of my medical terminology class at work throughout the day. I also enjoyed watching the PA listen to the patients, process the information in her brain, and produce an answer. I think I enjoy that because I know how much studying she has put in to be able to produce the answer. Education allows us to shape our brains to such powerful machines! 

Anyway, I couldn't believe how quickly the morning flew by! It was soon time to leave. I couldn't say thank you enough and that I hope to come back again! So, you can all be waiting for that post in the future! I then went to pick up my mom from work and headed home. I shared with my parents about my experience and they were excited for me. I told them, "I don't exactly know how I am going to get there, but I know that is where I am going to be." I get overwhelmed with all of the prerequisites I need to fulfill yet. It's a lot, but I believe God won't let me fail when I am working this hard and believing in His will for my life. 

I then proceeded to finish my day with a usual evening of work at the ice cream stand. It is hard for me at times to go from watching my dream job in the medicinal world to my real job scooping ice cream, but I've enjoyed meeting so many people serving ice cream and having a job that makes people happy. Plus, it's not my forever-- just part of my life book. I've worked at our stand a long time and it will be hard when I close that chapter. 
Finished the night with a cone-- just because I love ice cream and sprinkles. 

Well, I am behind in homework and missed a workout but still happy with the day. 

Goal-- try to see a bit of your future self in your present self. It motivates us! 

Ready, set, go!!! 

Maisie, Future PA-C 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment